On Wednesday, Miss R turned four! Unfortunately, she was sick all week, so she spent most of the day in bed.
Luckily, she felt well enough to blow out the candles on her unicorn cake and open some presents.
On Thursday, we went to the Huntington with my parents and brother, who made the trip out here to celebrate with her. Thanks again, fam!
In honor of her birthday, here are some cute things Miss R has done/ said recently:
- After she tried chocolate pudding for the first time, she exclaimed, “It tastes like chocolate raindrops!”
- She calls avocados “vocados” and says “fashional” instead of fashionable. She also has a little tote box of hair clips and ribbons that she calls her Fashion Box.
- She sometimes says “I’mn’t” for I’m not. (That totally makes sense to me. After all, we abbreviate not in other conjunctions like don’t and can’t.)
- For her, words are inseparable from the thing they represent. The other day she said to me, “Mika is a dog, so her name starts with D.”
- She’s obsessed with rhyming.
- She’s learning to spell. So far she can spell her name, Mom, Dad, Mika, and Kipper.
- I took her to see the new Beauty and the Beast (I saw the original 1991 version in theaters with my parents when I was three). During the climactic attack on the castle, when Gaston is hunting down the Beast, she got pretty upset and yelled at the screen, “Don’t they know the Beast only likes careful touches?”
- We have a SoCal resident pass to Disneyland and drove down to Anaheim a few days before Easter. We got all the way to the gate, only to be turned away because it was a black out date, which I had completely forgotten about. She didn’t complain at all when I told her we had to drive home.
- We’re going to try Disneyland again this week, and this time we’re going to do two days back-to-back. When I told her we’d be staying in a hotel, she got really excited and said she couldn’t wait to spend time with me.
- She really loves hunting for eggs, doing her homework, painting, and drawing. She also loves purses and little containers.
Finally, I put together a little video to celebrate her fourth year ’round the sun (May 2016-May 2017), which you can watch here.